This method statement describes specific AC Duct cleaning procedure. It gives detailed step wise approach that needs to be performed to make the work confined to health and safety issues and quality controls.
DESCRIPTION OF AC Duct Cleaning Procedure
- Supervisor/ Team Leader shall inform the interested parties and shall obtain work permit.
- Lock out/ Tag out procedures shall be implemented if applicable.
- Supervisor/ Team Leader shall ensure the availability of appropriate tool and equipment.
- Supervisor/ Team Leader shall ensure the availability of
- Proper respirator with toxic gas cartridge/ filter
- Proper respirator with EPA approved dust cartridge/ filter
- Supervisor/ Team Leader shall ensure that ladder must be secured with rope and ensure safe access before use.
- Supervisor/ Team Leader shall conduct Tool box talks prior work commencement.
- Competent person will be engaged in the activity
Tools & Equipment:
- HEPA vacuum
- Ozone generator
- Robotic Inspection and Digital Still Camera
- Motors Industrial Wet / Dry Vacuum
- Rotary / Flexible Brush
- Air Compressor
- Electric Drill
- High Pressure Washer
- Circuit Breakers
- Special Chemical Sprayer
- Basic Tools & Lighting
- Rivet Guns
- Silicon Guns
- Tin Snips
- work in progress” signboard and barricades
- Interested parties (also FM Team, Security team, Fire Fighting Team if any) will be intimated about the A/C Duct Cleaning activity.
- Proceed to the assigned location with the necessary equipment and place “cleaning in progress” sign board.
- Barricade the work area.
- Inspect the site to identify the type and location of Air Conditioning equipment, air registers, filter and type of ceiling, hazard factor and abnormalities/ damage part of the system.
- Record the present condition of the Air Conditioning System into Air Conditioning PRE Assessment Form.
- Inform the client / representative about the present condition of Air Conditioning System.
- Briefing of cleaning specialist cleaning team about the air conditioning system, and areas included.
- Switch off-air conditioning equipment.
- Cover all appliances, furniture and fixtures with polythene sheet and setup washed area for air registers and filters.
- Cut necessary access point in the duct (Return / Supply) using the right tool.
- Create negative pressure by using High Pressure Vacuum equipped with HEPA filters.
- Remove grills/ vents and plug openings except for the one furthest away from the vacuum unit.
- Clean and disinfect the grills, filters, cooling and drip tray.
- From the vent/ grill the furthest away from the vacuum unit, insert the selected tool to loosen the dust and debris, which shall be pulled while working toward the vacuum unit, and working towards the vacuum unit.
- Use positive/ compress air if necessary to push dust and debris which are bigger and cannot be pulled by the HEPA vacuum unit.
- Repeat process 14-15 until the duct line is cleaned and free of dust and debris.
- Ensure that Air Flow Dampers are in original position.
- Close created access points in the ducts (if any) and replace the air registers, vents/grills,
- Start the air conditioning equipment and start fogging in approved disinfectant to sanitize the entire Duct System.
- Record the quantity of chemical used on Job Cost Form.
- Dispose the collected dust and debris in the customers waste disposal facility.
- Prepare an after service report.
- Get the client’s signature in the verification of work carried out and/or work completion report.
- Remove “work in progress” sign.
- Return all equipment & materials to stores.
- Supervisor/ Team leader will inspect the work completion.
- System will be restored.